Unhappy Unanswered: The log in this backup set begins at LSN...

Hi,

I am trying to backup a database (FULL) and subsequent logs and trying to restore them onto another database. I successfully backed up the FULL database and 6 subsequent logs.

When I tried to restore them onto the target database, the restore of the FULL backup succeeded and the next 4 log restores succeeded.

When I attempted the 5th log restore, I got the following error:

The log in this backup set begins at LSN 22000000035900001, which is too late to apply to the database. An earlier log backup that includes LSN 22000000035000001 can be restored.

Any help on this will be highly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Sridhar[/COLOR]
    Bujji

Did you check the backup set on the fourth log backup to make sure it didn't append a backup somehow?
    MeanOldDBA
    derrickleggett@hotmail.com
    When life gives you a lemon, fire the DBA.

You can try to see whether log backups are in sequence by running command: RESTORE HEADERONLY FROM 'backup_device_of_log'
    and inquiring First LSN and Last LSN columns. The Last LSN of the fourth backup should be the same as The First LSN of the fifth log backup. If it's not, there's a log backup missing in sequence or the the two log backups are not from the same database incarnation (i.e. switch to simple recovery mode occurred between them or something like that-but I'm not sure about that), the first cause is more probable. hope that helps. mojza