Unanswered: what is CSV format?

I have access as front end, and sql server as backend, now i need create a query to get some data that user want. But they want CSV format, what is that? After i retrieving the data, how to save to CSV format. Thanks.

CSV stands for Comma Seperated Values, the selected values are seperated by a comma or some other marking that is not (likely) to appear as value (e.g. ; or | or the tab-character). You could use the dts-wizard or the bcp commandline utility to execute a query and have the results saved into a .csv file.

sorry,i didn't follow you. i create a query in Access front end, when i run the query, i got all the data that user want. Then what should i do? Can you explain more detail, also if i run the query using dts, it will import to other place, then how can i save to .CSV file. Sorry, please give me more detail. Thanks.

Start the DTS Import/Export wizard. As a source, choose the access database. As destination choose 'Text file' from the list and fill in the filename you wish to use. As extention type 'csv'. Then follow the remainder of the wizard which will led you build a query (or paste it in if you have it ready). Down the line you can change the row and column delimiters. It'll say something like:
    row delimiter: {cr}{lf}
    column delimiter: Comma
    leave it like that and you're fine.

Thanks , i got it work.