Woah okay I just went up to 3.97MB's and I didnt do anything except for play with table fields, and tried to open the calls form and the dial form. I am wondering if the database is housing that dial form function or something.
Edit: After I compacted and repaired at that point I went down agian to the 2.07MB's I would have to say that that very well might be your problem. What ever process you are using to call that form, you might want to consider another way.
I cant figure anything else out at the moment. That was cool how you have the database actually integrated with the computer. I would like to know how you did that if you want to share, but for now I cannot come up with a solution for you. Just check your code and see why it gets so large when that form is opened. I cant get it to duplicate the major jump in size again... :-/
I will keep messing around with it and see what I come up with.
I didn't do anything to tell the database to include a dial form function (or anything else special like that). My goal was to create a basic database.
I'm glad you said it grew like wildfire on you too. I thought I was freaking out when I saw it do that, and I didn't really know how to describe it to anybody other than saying "the darned thing got bigger!"
So is this database just screwy? Should I delete the thing and start from scratch? I'm not sure what I may have done to cause it to act this way, so I'm worried that I'd do the same thing again.
I cannot find anything at this time. Did you create the add/edit form? I am thinking a complete redesign might be a good idea. I may even be able to come up with something for you and leave the records in the right place.
Give me a bit and I will see what I can come up with. By the way the coworker that made this did a good job with some of the extra features I have seen.
JS: the bad thing is she created the Add form using a built in Wizard from Access. She has Access 2000 on her PC and I have 2002 on mine. I saved the file as a 2000 db, but she can't seem to open it.
I'm not too sure just how much we need that Add form. Maybe I'll ditch that one and make something fresh that is more suited for what she wants. I looked at that code too, and it did look involved (and I program in VB).
Thanks for helping. I'll restart on this, hoping that somehow the Add form caused a lot of the problems. If you happen to find anything in the future, I'd like to know what cause this problem.
I can re-create the database quite quickly if you would like... it will have a customized switchboard, that will allow you to add and edit entries and view that report. I will post it on here as soon as I am done. The only thing I dont know how she did from the wizard was incorporate that dialer.
Somehow, Kathleen found a Dialer feature in the Wizard. I just spoke to her, though, and she told me that her PC isn't even connected to a phone. So there's no need for that anyway. Go figure.
I'd like to see what your database version looks like - especially with your custom Switchboard. I took a 1 semester course on Access databases at the local college. I learned some neat stuff about it, but the course was really dummed down (freshman course, I guess). I mostly use Access when I'm creating a simple database for my ASP.NET websites, but I'll dabble with things like the Switchboard from time to time (like in this case).
Excellent I should be done soon. I originally was introduced to Access through ColdFusion, so I know where you are. I also took a class on Access had an excellent teacher. It was a basic class but the teacher pushed each individual to their limits. So I understand where you are. This switchboard I actually have to give credit that I didnt create it. I just have found it edited it to my liking and am now going to share it with you.