Question Unanswered: Runtime Error 3704

I am trying to run one VB6.0 application it is giving me the error " Run time error 3704 Operation is not allowed when the object is closed" earlier i had this problem by fixing the DSN name of the SQL Server, now i fixed that too but still i am getting this error.. what could be the reason.. appreciate your help

I cannot be more specific in the answer as you have not provided any code. But to give you a general idea, certain objects like for example an ADO Recordset cannot call certain methods if the object hasn't been previously been opened. i.e. If I code rs.Close before having coded rs.Open the rs.Close command would raise an error. The best method to solve your problem would be to step through your code find out where the error occurs and see if the object is open.

Download for FREE the ADO/DAO Data Controls that makes life EASIER developing database applications in: VB, FoxPro, Access, VC++, .NET etc... Navigate, Add New, Delete, Update, Search, Undo and Save your changes. Supports Disconnected Recordsets and Transactions!

Or try our Ask An Expert service to answer any of your questions!