Unanswered: help with a restore problem please

I have a problem and I believe is very simple but is something missing in my knoledgments.
    I migrate an sql server database to db2.
    I start working with db2 for about 2-3 months and I am very new in administering problems.
    I installed another server in another location. IN the old location I have my database which I intented to move in the new location (the new server).
    I made a backup.
    Now I want to restore using this backup in the new location (and the new server). I don't know how.
    In SQL Server if I have a backup I can restore everywhere I want. Generally i create a new empty database and restore the backup into the new empty database. Another possibility is to restore the database and the database will be restored with the original name.
    I try the same in Control Center but I don't know what is my mistake. If I try to to use create database from backup the "database being restored" give me the possibility to choose among the existing databases. But all I have is a full backup.
    Can you tell me please what to do?
    Thanks in advanced.

have you tried copying the database between the two servers using DTS? it's easy to do. simply back up the database you want to copy, right click on the database and select export. change the exporting database to the one you just backed up, and set the export to database as the one you want to populate on the other box. follow the rest of the instructions and all should go well.

the other method is to copy the backup of the original database, put it on the new box and do a restore from file (simply put the link to the backup copy).

hope this helps.