Unanswered: JDBC Driver for SQL Server 2000

Hi

I would like to know which driver to use while connecting to SQL Server 2000 using JDBC. I have already downloaded the Microsoft's driver but I find there is very little documentation on things like how to access BLOB/ CLOBs, fetching Cursors etc.

Are there any commercial / open source drivers which come with proper documentation? Are there any documentation / links for the Microsoft's driver other than what is supplied along with the driver?

Regards
    Ramkumar

Ramkumar,

My colleagues and I have found that the documentation for the Microsoft supplied JDBC driver is sketchy, and, at best, and uninformative.

We've had to scrounge through forums and Google searches to put together a game plan for just using the thing.

The problem is that other drivers have this problem as well. The best documentation I have found for another JDBC driver is DataDirect. They have ample documentation about their driver products, and the product is on a second and third go-round, most of the others have not been seasoned so. In addition, their driver is Sun-certified for J2EE (all flavors) and JDBC(all versions)

Thank You very much

Hi

Thank You very much for the information