Thread: Transactions

Unanswered: Transactions

Is there a way to tell what transactions have rolled back through a period of time? i.e. Users are stating that they are saving their work and when they go back there isn't any record. I suspect a network issue, but would like to see if the transaction actually made it to the database.

Unless an additional process or trigger wiped out their work, If they saved (commited, the changes will be applied). Are your users clicking a button to update. Check the code in the application, there might be an issue with it.
    Bill
    You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

If there was a network issue and the transaction wasn't complete the user may have clicked on any message without reading it. Would the transaction rollback or just wouldn't be processed by the RDBMS? Yes the user has been clicking a button, however this has been in use for some time and there isn't any issue with the code behind it. I can't always go on what the user says, but I must do the investigation.
    Last edited by kram66; 08-19-04 at 11:07.

Unless you turn on auditing, there is no way to track what updates are applied to the database. However, if the records are really saved, Oracle Forms should put out the message "xx records saved" at the bottom of the form. If they are in the middle of doing transaction and the connect drops, then they will be automatically rolled back by PMON.
    Bill
    You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

If you know the approx: time of when the user says they saved it ...
    You could use logminer to go thru the archivelogs and see what was done
    and or undone against the tables (or look at the sql issued by a single user)...

Gregg

Thanks guys, this is great.