Unanswered: Appending mutiple tables to muliple tables????

Hello

Ok I have a orders table and an orderfilter query which filters all orders from the order form to the orders table

On my order form I also have 3 buttons which link to different types of orders these then allow the users to put order details in

Within these three forms there is a button called price order, this is a seperate form for each individual order type.

Within the main form order there is a check box called delivered when this is checked and the user clicks close I want the order information including all order type details and pricing for each type to be archived in to an archive table. With then the possibility of sending it back to the orders if faulty. However that bit can wait the archiving it once delivered is puzzling me.

I can get it to archive the order main form stuff i.e where the check box for delivered is, but all other information within the other forms obviously disappears, and I do not know how to make an archive of everything, I tried having seperate archives but it does not take any information bar the order main form stuff. But all my relationships are corect they are all linked to primary keys etc. So I am stumped now.

Does any one have any ideas??

Thank you

I am guessing this is a bit of an unsolvable problem?

I think that what you're asking for can be done. Not sure I could give you an answer without seeing the database...however, something to consider (if you haven't already)...is it really necessary to archive that data to other tables?

You could simply add "Delivered" to the criteria of certain forms, thereby displaying only Delivered/Undelivered depending on the form. Since you've flagged that already, you could just hide/unhide those records (this would take care of the 'faulty' part too)

Schleping that data around sounds like it could be a tedious process (but do- able)
    Just a thought...sorry if I've oversimplified your problem

Chris

Provided Answers: 1
    That... was really hard to understand...

Start here:

Ok I have a orders table and an orderfilter query which filters all orders from the order form to the orders table
    What does that mean?
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***