Unanswered: Need Help Setting printer in access 97

I have problem. When a user goes into my access 97 application, I want to have the application be able to automatically select what printer it is going to use. The network connected label printer is defined with the same name on all the users machines. I tried to use the "DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdPrint" command, but while it set the printer, it also did a screen dump, which is not a good idea to a label printer. I want to set my access program to a printer and NOT print until I actually run a report. I know that I can set the default printer on the workstation and then run the application (doing that now), but then if they forget to set it back, they spool junk to the label printer.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by beilstwh; 08-19-04 at 17:46.
    Bill
    You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Why not just set the report to print to a specific printer in the report design under Page Setup?

Gary

Because I am stupid and new to access (I started writing in it today) and I didn't know that that option was there.

Thank you very much. I appreciate it.
    Bill
    You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.