Unanswered: Connect SQL Server- Network

Hi,

I have 2 SQL 2K Servers set up on my home network. Both PC's are running Windows XP and as far as I can tell are configured identically, however I can connect to the Server A from PC B but not Server B from PC A (both work fine when I am on the same machine I try to connect to). Any ideas anyone, the error message I am getting is attached.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Message.JPG  

Provided Answers: 54
    Could one server be configured to listen on named pipes, but not the other? Could one client be configured to use Named Pipes as its default client, while the other was configured to use TCP/IP? My guess is that one of the machines has a problem with either the client or the server network configuration.

-PatP

If I understand you correctly you are able to connect from A to B but not from B to A, both A and B have an installation of SQLServer up and running. From the errormessage attached and the fact that you are able to setup a connection from A to B, I'd look for network issues on B. Are you able to ping A from B? Is A listed in the network neighbourhood on B? On A, is the SQL Agent running?
    EDIT: sniped on a friday!
    Last edited by Kaiowas; 08-20-04 at 13:16.

Ok solved it, A had not had file and print sharing set up, didn't even think to check this as I could see it on the network, so assumed it was setup correctly!