Unanswered: Append/Delete Query

If anyone could help me, it would be greatly appreciated.

Here is the deal, i am designing a database to keep track of wills. Obviously, there comes a time when those fields need to be deleted do to the person passing away. What i want to be able to do is be able to search for a person, which would bring up a form giving all the informaiton about that person. When a button is clicked it would append that record to another table, and ask for the date of death, and finally delete that record from the active table.

I already have the table designed, i tried a macro, and that did not work as well as i would have liked. I want to make it as easy as possible for the user.

The Active table is pretty basic, with 12 fields, and only 8 of them are going to be appended to the new table, and then 9 including the date of death field.

I appreciate any help anyone could give me.

Last edited by zc107; 08-20-04 at 16:50.

If you can ... post a sample of your DB. Be sure to have fictitious names in your sample.

Last edited by CyberLynx; 08-23-04 at 03:08.

The Bottom of The Barrel
    Provided Answers: 1
    I would recommend using a bit for deceased instead of removing entries from your table. Removing table entries means you have to break any relationships that record may have with the rest of the db, thus defeating the purpose of using access in the first place
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***