Thread: Copying a Table

Lightbulb Unanswered: Copying a Table

Hi there...

I'm waaaay behind in building a database for my finance department... I need your help!!!

I have a table ($ spent) that I will import from a data warehouse weekly. What I need to do is be able to tell how much was spent between last week and this week. I'd like to be able to run a macro that saves the current table as "PreviousWeek" and then import the current data and overwrite what was in the "CurrentWeek" table. From there I would run a query that calculates the difference between the data in the PreviousWeek table and the CurrentWeek table. Is there a way to automate this process? I'm not very experienced with VBA, but I do know the basics.

Thanks!!!

I wouldn't have two separate tables for each week. Make one table with your data and week number. Every week you would insert the new data into that table then just run a simple query that calculates the difference.
    http://www.scirocco.ca/images/banner...occobanner.gif

Download for FREE the ADO/DAO Data Controls that makes life EASIER developing database applications in: VB, FoxPro, Access, VC++, .NET etc... Navigate, Add New, Delete, Update, Search, Undo and Save your changes. Supports Disconnected Recordsets and Transactions!

Or try our Ask An Expert service to answer any of your questions!