Unanswered: combo box OnChange

I have a two column combo box, either column may contain duplicate values. I cannot remove these duplicates.

I have a onChange event connected to the comboBox. This does not trigger if the value is changed from one duplicate to another even if the duplicate is in the first column and the second column differs.

This is what I am trying to accomplish. When the form is opened, the account number and date are automatically set (from the previous form). Using this info, the row source for the combo box is generated, this is the Journal Num. There is a text box on the form which is the amount of the Journal entry for that Journal Number, this amount is used in future calculations. Every time a different journal entry is chosen in the combo box, the amount field needs to be updated. Because the journal Numbers may duplicate, I can't query the amount each time so I tied it to the combo box, this is the second column. Now I just need to be able to get the combo box to trigger an event every time its value is changed, even if the journal number is the same as the previous one.

Thanks.

Steve

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by sps
    Because the journal Numbers may duplicate, I can't query the amount each time so I tied it to the combo box, this is the second column. Now I just need to be able to get the combo box to trigger an event every time its value is changed, even if the journal number is the same as the previous one.

Thanks.
    Hi sps,

Almost 3 a.m. here but thought I'd give you a tiny bit. In DesignView of your form go to the Properties of your ComboBox. Go to it's EventTab and look for the OnChangeEvent. That is where I would think you place your code. If that doesn't work, try the AfterUpdateEvent which is after a user clicks on the ComboBox making their selection. That is where I generally place mine anyway. Well, I'm outta here Yaaaawwwnnnnn.

have a nice one,
    Bud