Unanswered: Subform / combobox Question

I have a subform and inside of it I have a combobox. Everything works fine with the form and subform. Let's say each subform has 5 records in them. Is it possible to create a 1 or 2 text box(s) in the Mainform and have it display 1 or 2 items from the subform. combo box.

I am able to get the 1st numerical value in the text box but I can't get it to display what it is linked to. Example, 1 = apple, 2 = orange, etc.. The form is pulling up 1. How can I have it pull up orange as well?

thanks

you'll have to use the combobox.column(n) property for it e.g. on the mainfom if you want to display the orange you should use

subformname!comboboxfieldname.column(1)

to dispaly orange if you are using

1;Orange;2;Apple

as values in combobox on the subform. [column(n) n would start from 0 as the value of the first column; so 1 would the 2nd column]

- Saqib

I entered the info you provided into the control source of the text box but i get an error.

The column, I understand but I am trying to pull out a specific record or row. For example, I have Column Fruits, Then the records would be, Apple, Orange Cherry,

I want to pull Cherry from the combobox and have it display in a textbox.