Unanswered: Default Value help

I need help to this simple question that I can't figure out...here goes:
    I have a field set to have a default value of 0 (in currency). When I'm on my form I see I see that it has $0.00 in the text box, but when when the record is saved into the table there is no default value of $0.00. It seems as though I've tried everything to get it to appear but no luck. I set the default value when designing the table and on the form design.

Thanks.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by bobbio
    I need help to this simple question that I can't figure out...here goes:
    I have a field set to have a default value of 0 (in currency). When I'm on my form I see I see that it has $0.00 in the text box, but when when the record is saved into the table there is no default value of $0.00. It seems as though I've tried everything to get it to appear but no luck. I set the default value when designing the table and on the form design.

Thanks.
    Hi bobbio,

I'm afraid I'm a little lost here. You have a field in your table set to Currency and a default value of (0)? That's automatic in Access anyway to have the default of (0). When you save the record in the form, whatever price you enter into that field will be formatted to currency and show likewise in the table. However, reading your situation, you are not getting the default value of $0.00. That default value will only show as Zero if you don't actually enter a number into that field. Once you place a number in that field the table will reveal that actual number. Why then after you input a number do you wish it to still show as $0.00???? If I understand you well, then I am a bit lost.
    I just created a sample table with a field set as currency, and a form as well. At the table level the default value is automatically set to "0". Now, when I go to the form and open it that field is already formatted as currency like $0.00 because I haven't placed a value into it as of yet. Now, after I input several values into that currency field that show as currency. Back at the table the same holds true. The only ones showing $0.00 are the ones where I didn't input any value.
    If you still have a problem with it please post a sample of what you're working with so that I can better try to help you.

have a nice one,
    Bud

Bobbio
    Try setting the default to $0.00?
    Ryan
    My Blog