Unanswered: Paradox 10 printing trouble....and more

Hello, all:

I am a Paradox newbie/amateur who is being paid to become a Paradox expert. I administer a network (NT - workgroup) wherein we use Paradox on most of our ten client machines. Most use ver.9, I am on ver.10. I have two pressing questions.... and dozens of followup questions. But let's start with the two:
    1) I am trying to print the info structure of every table in our db (there are over 160 of them) so that I can begin to map the entire db. We are going to have some consultants examine the db to see where we can improve performance and they have asked that I do this mapping project. Unfortunately I can no longer print the tables....no error message, nothing. Just a quiet printer. Occasionally one will print correctly, then nothing no matter what I try.
    2) Might be related to #1 (?)... I have noticed that there are many .lck files on the server...I think it may help to delete some or all of these but I am not sure what, if anything, to do here.

I should add (if it isn't obvious) that I have no database experience prior to this.

Also, if I would do better to post this question elsewhere in the newsgroups, I'd appreciate someone telling me.

Thanks!

Phil Paradowski

Do you see anything on the print-queue? Is it stopped?

The .LCK files have nothing to do with it.
    ChimneySweep(R): fast, automatic
    table repair at a click of the
    mouse! http://www.sundialservices.com

Nope, nothing in the print queue.
    I have managed to get around this by using print-screen and printing images of the tables. Not the best way but it worked. I would still like to solve the original problem, though.

Paradox for Windows makes use of a lot of printer-metrics and other info to produce reports that really do look on-paper like they look in design mode. Perhaps the printer drivers need to be reinstalled, or the Page Setup command repeated, on this machine. Are any other applications similarly affected?
    ChimneySweep(R): fast, automatic
    table repair at a click of the
    mouse! http://www.sundialservices.com

.lck symptom not cause

The lock files you see are not directly related to your printer problems but could be indicative of sessions not proplerly terminated. As such there could be temporary files related to printing out there as well which are causing problems. I would delete the temporary files but I would also look for some .tmp files or ~.* files on your harddrive which are more than a day old as they are remenants of a windows process which did not clean itself up.

I'd also verify the service packs applied to Paradox: versions 8, 9 and 10 had MANY printing bugs, PARTIALLY resolved by service packs.

Also, about .lck files and network performance: see http://www.thedbcommunity.com/faq/13.htm
    for tips on the .net file, and in the same site you find many useful articles on using/configuring paradox and the BDE.
    The only failure is not trying to do it.