Unanswered: Display Message based on Combo box selection

I would like to display a message to the user based on the value they select from a combo box. If they select an account number from the combo box and in the account number table the record has an "X" in the Profit_Center_REQD field, then message "Account <account_number_selected> requires a Profit Center, please select one from the box below." is displayed.

Thanks

Assuming your combo box is named accountnumber then this is the code: Put it in the on change event for the combo box.

If Accountnumber.Column(1) = x Then
    MsgBox "Account " & Accountnumber.Column(0) & " requires a Profit Center, please select one from the box below."
    End If

I copied it into the change event file and nothing happened (I changed combo box name and column number), what am I doing wrong? here is the event:

Private Sub Account_Change()
    If ACCOUNT.Column(2) = x Then
    MsgBox "Account " & ACCOUNT.Column(0) & " requires a Profit Center, please select one from the box below."
    End If
    End Sub

Database is attached

Form=Journal_Entries
    Combo box=Account
    Combo box row source=Q_GL_ACCOUNT_LIST_FILTERED (which is filtered based on JE_Type combo box)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Worked for me.. Chose PRE as JE type, reversal as no, then picked account 10600001 and the msgbox came up.

account 10600001 does not have an x in the third column. When I placed quotes around the "X" it displayed the message only when an account with x was selected.

Your help was a BIG help, THANKS!!