Unanswered: user authentication and tracking

I have a microsoft access database and recently migrated the tables to mysql, its working very nicely, but I migrated it largely because I figured it to be more secure a database than access and that it would be faster. Now I want to add user tracking and authentication features to the database. I am a bit of a newbie to any database work, and am taking this one step at a time, and I was hoping someone could give me some links to tutorials or howtos on how you would implement these types of features. The things I am looking to do with it are:

-User login screen
    -Record login information to a table each time the user logs in
    -Store who creates a record, and who modifies it
    -Create a form for the user to log the amount of time taken to perform a given task, having their name as the only option for the user name on the form...writing the data to a table of course.

I have a good idea as to what the table structure would be for all the things I would need to do, but the programming and how to create a login and store the username logged in and write that information to a table, its a problem. Can someone point me in the right direction?

I am not sure this would help.
    if i were you, i would start the mysql server with "--log-update" option, because with this command, you could keep track of what the user has been done to the server.

United States
    Provided Answers: 1
    This is a programming issue..what language did u use while the database was in access ?...b'cos MySql has no GUI tools like what MS-Access has. So if you choose to use VBA (MS-Access) or VB or any other language ...then in that case you have to use SQL statements to insert/update your database tables. If you want to know how to develop such application i would recommend you visit and search for DB application samples.
    >> Learn PHP/MySQL for free
    >> Free Web Hosting with PHP, MySQL, Website Builder :