Unanswered: File locations with Oracle 9i on Windows 2000

Using the DBCA GUI tool on Windows 2000 Advanced Server with Oracle 9iR2 database.

I am creating a new database, 20Gb in size with Oracle 9iR2 on Windows 2000 Advanced Server. Using DBCA tool. Problem is: I want to install Oracle binaries and the database files (redo, control files, logs, etc) on a different set of drives than what the DBCA tool defaults to. When I try to change the file locations for ORACLE_BASE and ORACLE_HOME files for example, DBCA will not let me do this. How can I change the location of these binaries for Oracle on Windows 2000? I am used to moving them on UNIX but first time done this in Windows 2000. Thanks.

DBCA will make the database files, but the Oracle binaries are already installed. You can change where you want the files (DBF,Redo,Control), but not the application stack. If you want to do that, reinstall the database software on your new drive. However, if you do that you will have two Oracle Homes (unless you uninstall the original stack).
    Bill
    You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

thanks

Ah I see well interesting. Oracle is similar to UDB in many ways. Thanks again for the help.