Unanswered: Getting Data to a Text Box with a Query.

I am trying to populate a text box on a form using a select statement on the “On Current” event of the form.

I am not sure if I can do this or not, as I have not attached a record source to this form.

The statement looks like this:
    CountOfQuantity = "SELECT count(*) FROM [Join Tables for QA Info] where quantity = “1””

When I execute the form, it just puts the statement as a literal into the form. Meaning the written select statement is in the text box.

So, am I way off in doing this with an Event Procedure, or is there an easier way.

Lastly, I want to do this from multiple tables against multiple data sets to provide a statistics “Dashboard if you will” display that is calculated upon opening the form or clicking the refresh button.

You must use DAO or ADO to run the query and extract the desired information. Then you assign the output to the textbox. Me!Textbox = query result.

Quote Originally Posted by kylev
    So, am I way off in doing this with an Event Procedure, or is there an easier way.
    If you want a count of records based on a given criteria to be displayed in a text box you could try using the DCount function:

=DCount("[Quantity]","myJoinQuery","[Quantity]=1")

Place it in the control source property of your text box.

HTH
    Chris