Unanswered: OEM - Error: Wrong password for user

Oracle 10g -- Windows 2K Server - OEM
    I have installed 10g and can access it locally and remotely and through firewalls, but when in Enterprise Manager, anytime I want to do a task that prompts for a host login and password (such as Net Service Administration or Shutdown), I get the response "RemoteOperationError: Wrong password for user". I have granted "logon as a batch job" to all local and domain user accounts that I have tried this with, all with the same result. I have tried local accounts on the Oracle server and domain accounts. I have tried the domain account that is running Oracle. I have made all these accounts members of the ORA_DBA local group and the Administrators local group.

Don't know if it is still necesary on 10G, but did you execute orapwd to create an orapwXXXX file?

And set the REMOTE_LOGIN_PASSWORDFILE=EXCLUSIVE init.ora parameter?
    The person who says it can't be done should not interrupt the person doing it. -- Chinese proverb

Don't know if it is still necesary on 10G, but did you execute orapwd to create an orapwXXXX file?

And set the REMOTE_LOGIN_PASSWORDFILE=EXCLUSIVE init.ora parameter?
    I didn't do either one since I am using Operating System Authentication, per pg 1-17 of the Administrators Guide.