Unanswered: :confused: Any advice for a newbie?

He everyone,

I am fairly new to dB and especially Access 2003, and I wanted to see if there is a way to automate exporting Access tables/queries to Excel? I need to export few tables and queries to Excel on a daily basis and publish the Excel report, and I figured out the Macro to export everything that I need to Excel. And it would be really nice to get this exporting done everyday at a certain set time....

Is it at all possible?

Hi Ediz,
    There is a feature built in MS Access to do what you want. Open the report in "Print Preview" and from "Tools" menu select "Office Links". Here you have two options "Publish it with Microssoft Word" and "Analyze in with Microsoft Excel". Try these out and see if this is along the lines of what you want.

Hope that helps. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ediz
    it would be really nice to get this exporting done everyday at a certain set time....

Is it at all possible?
    Check out the Data Import Feature from Excel. You can import data from an access database directly into Excel. It uses MS Query to define the query for the import. Use the Data Menu in Excel to open the Query Wizard. 'Data->Import External Data->New Database Query'

After you get the query set you can change settings to save the query with the workbook and refresh data on open.
    ~

Bill

Smile

Thank you, Bill.... It's not exactly what I was looking for but I appreciate your advise which was very helpful...

Thanx again,
    Ediz