Unanswered: Report cut off in print preview

I have a report based on a form and when I view the report in print preview, part of it has been truncated. I have attached a screenshot of it. Is there a better way for me to print the form other than as a report? If not, how do I show the entire report without leaving out any part of it?

Thanks a lot
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Report_FormScreenshot.jpg  

Sounds like you have an Access form that is larger than your screen resolution will allow you to view. I made a large form and found this to be true. To view all of the form, rightclick on your Windows desktop, select Properties, then Settings, then change the screen resolution to the next higher setting, and see if this resolves your viewing problem.

Jerry

Your form is obviously designed larger than a sheet of 8" x 11" paper and resolution wise, you can most likely see the entire form on Screen. I don't think changing the screen resolution will help you in this case.

As a suggestion, try either removing all print margins (which it looks like you did) from the Page Setup dialog (menu - File|Page Setup) and set the print to be Landscape.

If those are not an option then perhaps try resizing your SubForm. If you can live with a slightly smaller font size on your SubForm then you can reduce the size of your SubForm considerably. To do this, open your SubForm (in datasheet mode) from the Database window. Click is the small blank box located in the top left corner of the sheet (the entrire form is highlighted. Now select the menu item Format | Font. Select the size of font you want and then resize your fields to suit. Be sure to use a TrueType font like Arial. When you close the form your settings are automatically saved. Now reopen your main form and see if it provides the desired effect.

If that's not an option then perhaps redesigning your form is the way to go.

Thanks all for the valuable replies and feedback. I changed the size of my subform and it looks better now. Now I have encountered another question, how to display just one record for each page of the report?

As an example:

Create a button on your main form. In the code window for the On Click event for the button use:

DoCmd.OpenReport "myReportName", acViewPreview, , "[YourPONumberFieldNameInTable] = '" & Me.yourPONumberControlNameInMainForm & "'"

or something like that...

Thanks lynx. But I came across another way to achieve that. Under the properties of the Detail Section of the report, I selected Before Section for the Force New Page option. It works fine too. Thanks all again!