Unanswered: Splash Screen Help

I have made a splash screen in Access that displays when the application starts. It's basically just a "Please wait" screen while I dynamically link to some SQL tables. The problem is that the form never completely paints itself before the linking is done and the form closes. I've tried using Form.Repaint and even putting in some "sleep" code to try and give the form time to paint but nothing works. All I get is a half drawn form. Any suggestions?!!? Thanks.

Canupus

Provided Answers: 1
    That sounds a little bizarre...

Where are you triggering the code to create your connections?

Have you tried disabling the code and insuring your other operations are funcitoning properly?
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

I have disabled the code to create the connections and the form works fine. In the form's OnLoad event is where I have the code to create the connections. I have also tried putting the code in a module and calling it from the form's OnLoad event. Nothing seems to work.

I just thought of a (bad) solution to the problem. Use the form's timer and set it to 1 second. When it fires for the first time I could run the code to create the connections. Not the best performance wise but I think that it will work.

Canupus