Unanswered: I am having a small fit with numbers rounding up

Hello,
    I am working on a form that take employees hours and times it to get a total for payroll.
    For example, I can type in 24.65 and another text box will have =[Hours]*5.50
    when I hit enter, the 24.65 turns in 25.
    Is there a quick fast way to fix that. I have tried to change the format from general to fixed to standard, everything except curreny, and it still doesn't work.

I just figured it out, whilst I was waitin. I found that I went back into table design, and change my text box, from Data type number to data type Text it will accept the complete number.
    Woohoo..

You will probably want to leave it as a number. I think the problem was that there are several types of numbers (integer, long, single, double). Integers and Long Integers are whole number, no decimal. When you select the number type it automatically assumes Long Integer. You should change your field back to a number and select Single or Double instead of Long Integer. At the bottom of the table design form you will see Field Properties. In the General tab change the Field Size to Single.

Leaving it a text field will force Access to convert it to a number before doing any calculations on it. This can slow you application down. Also leaving it as Text may allow the user to put in non-number data.

Just some thing to think about.

Thank you
    I changed it back to a number and did what you said. It works great now..

Thanks alot
    You the best

I bet the Employees are not happy though