Unanswered: Moving Data from one DB to another

I was just wondering what is the best (fastest) way to migrate data from one Access database to another. Because I am working for a company and they use the database for their data entry and when I come up with a new update to the database I move all the data to the new database. (If I have made so many changes that I cannot just make the changes to their DB). Right now I go through and delete all the relationships and copy the tables and then add the relationships again. But this process takes over 2 hours so I was wondering if there was a faster way to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by lskuff
    I was just wondering what is the best (fastest) way to migrate data from one Access database to another. Because I am working for a company and they use the database for their data entry and when I come up with a new update to the database I move all the data to the new database. (If I have made so many changes that I cannot just make the changes to their DB). Right now I go through and delete all the relationships and copy the tables and then add the relationships again. But this process takes over 2 hours so I was wondering if there was a faster way to do this.
    I have a macro with several TransferDatabase actions that also rename the incoming table.

The macro then runs a bunch of delete and append queries (based on the renamed table names) and then it runs a lot of delete objects to remove the imported tables that were renamed.

Mike

Want to help me out and send them to me? You can e-mail me
    Last edited by lskuff; 08-29-04 at 18:54.

Quote Originally Posted by lskuff
    Want to help me out and send them to me? You can e-mail me lskuff@wisc.edu
    I put the macro in a new data base and emailed you the .mdb

Is that what you wanted?

It is in Access 95 but you should be able to import it OK

Mike

yeah that's great thanks.