Unanswered: Documenting database

I am uncertain as to whether I'm posting in the right location, but my apologies if I'm not. Anyhow, I'm an intern working on a database and was wondering what everyone else documents when documenting a database. They wanted me to document the database but have no guidelines. At my school all we did was made a user manual and described the contents of tables for our projects. But I would like to find out what the seasoned pros document so I can do this right. Do you just use Access' documentor or do you go beyond that? Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks,

Bob

With respect to database design, I name my tables (and columns) so that they are self-documenting. As for code, I document each section and any tricky or involved code ...
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

HI
    Regards to documenting of a database.
    Like M. O. I too make sure that all tables, forms, queries etc are self explaining. However, I have a hbit of making a reference book for each database that basically has a page for a table - query - report - form.
    On here i document the fields for tables what queries are attached to what tables, what forms are attached where, what reports are attached where. Its not the best of practice but when Ive made and set live a DB Ive been greatful for making basic notes as Ive gone along - Plus Ive small notes on each page about the general activity of that object.

Its not perfect but it works and in the past ive been asked to bolt on bits which can be a real pain in the rear. So the "book" can be of use

Just a thought

regards

Gareth