Unanswered: Archive log question

OK, this may seem a little nit-picky, but I'm curious if anyone has ever specified up to the maximum number of log archive destinations.

My reason is this: the parameter is LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST_n, with the single "n" usually indicating values of 0-9 (or up to 10) as acceptable -- for instance, specifying LOG_ARCHIVE_MAX_PROCESSES as 3 would create three ARCn processes, numbered ARC0, ARC1 and ARC2. However, if you look up the Oracle docs on OTN, it says Oracle supports values of "n" to allow 10 archive logs, but the numbering starts at "1" and goes to "10"... does this make sense to anyone? And is there such a thing as LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST_10?

I know I could probably set the parameters in a test database, but I'm feeling a bit lazy today...

Thanks!

JoeB
    Last edited by joebednarz; 08-30-04 at 17:12.

Found out the answer through Oracle docs and through looking at OEM parameter list...

Basically, answer is, yes, the parameter is LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST_[1..10]

To have it listed as an "n" parameter doesn't follow conventions for listing the syntax, but I suppose I'll just have to grin and bear it and accept this is just the way Oracle decided to do it...

JoeB