Unanswered: "You canceled the previous operation"

i wake up this mornin, and open the DB and its starts barking this error continuosly! i cant seem to do anything anymore; this only happened when i try to open a specifc form; so i deleted the form and now i cant import that same form from one of my co-worker's DB. everytime i import it, it doesn't show up! it keeps on saying too "Module not found" and this is pissing me off. it was working fine yesterday! and i compacted it, repaired it..no diff

please do help. thankx

This exact same thing happened to me last week. In my case it was a subform. The code module had just...disappeared.

I opened the backup and saved the module as a text file. Then I created a new form and copied the controls from the original into it. I then loaded the text file into its module. That will fix it, I thought.

Wrong. A day later this form too lost its module.

So I bit the bullet and created a new form from scratch, recreated the controls from scratch and imported my text file into it. I did check the text file for possible corruption but couldn't see any.

So far the new form has worked. But like you I have no idea why a form should suddenly, and without provocation, lose its module. Anyway, my advice is simply to recreate the form and hope for the best.

Good luck!!
    Andy Briggs
    Elmhurst Solutions Limited
    Database Development and Consultancy
    http://www.elmhurstsolutions.com

Just a thought....

Does the form you want to import contain Public declarations that have allready been Publicly Declared elsewhere in your Database? If it does...very strange things can happen.