Unanswered: How to update a text box with the last viewed text box?

How can I copy the text from a text box into another textbox to be stored in the same record?

I want an address to be copied from the last viewed textbox to an empty textbox (the empty textbox is now being viewed).

Any help would be much appreciated!

Tom

set the control source property on the new text box to the original text box as either value,Onchange or afterupdate depending on your needs

If the original textbox is called Address_1 , what code do I need to enter in the new textbox property? The new textbox is just the next record along on the table.

On you new text box right click and select properties (in design view) Under the Data Tab Select Control Source and pick the name of you orignal text box... Let me know if this is what you wanted to do...

__________________________________________________ ___________________
    I li
    ke Pie

The new textbox is the same address_1 textbox on the form. They are the same box, not seperate ones.

When u click 'add record' or 'next' on the form I want the address_1 textbox to automatically keep the address whereas other textboxes on the form will be now be blank for new information to be entered.

Basically everytime someone has new work information e.g. job title the database will store the new information, but the person will have the same address, so to reduce the time of entering new addresses everytime someone starts a new job I want the address to be stored in the next record of that person to reduce re-typing it out again and again.

Sorry if Ive not explained it very well!

Perhaps its the db structure that could be changed , if for example you link the Name of the person to the address separately then anytime you select this person the address could be displayed.

hope this helps or maybe i'm missing the point