Exclamation Unanswered: Discoverer and PLSQL

Can someone tell me if Discoverer allows you to call stored procedures.

My developers say they can't user discoverer for reporting because it doesn't support stored procedures and they need this for complex reporting.

yes it will, You define a custom column where you can type in anything, including calls to procedures, functions, sub selects, etc.
    Bill
    You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Executing Procedures in Discoverer

I need to run an oracle stored procedure that executes an insert into an Oracle table. The administrative staff would like this done in Discoverer. I was using Oracle Forms to do this since I believe this is the tool for developing applications. Does Discoverer handle running dml statements in procedures and returning record sets from procedures? If so, is Discoverer a tool that developers should use instead of Oracle Forms? What is the difference between the two products? Unfortunately, I am having a timeline issue and need a resolution as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance
    Kelly

I don't know, I have executed procedures that returned values and used them in the discoverer query, but never one that did an update. Discover is an adhoc QUERY tool and can't perform INSERTS or deletes except if you are using a simple query on a single table.
    Bill
    You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.