Unanswered: What's wrong with my code?

What's wrong with this code? Every time I click on the button, the statement .execute gets highlighted.... I'm trying to delete a record based on selection from a list:

Private Sub butDeleteProduct_Click()
    Dim MyDB As Database
    Dim MySet As Recordset

Set MyDB = CurrentDb
    MySet = MyDB.Execute("DELETE SpecialDetailKey FROM tblSpecialDetail WHERE (((tblSpecialDetail.SpecialDetailKey)=[Me]![lstDetail]));")
    MySet.Close

End Sub

MySet = MyDB.Execute("DELETE SpecialDetailKey FROM tblSpecialDetail WHERE tblSpecialDetail.SpecialDetailKey=" & [Me]![lstDetail])

You had your variable inside the quotations. If you want the variable to be subtituted for the actual value then it has to be outside of the quotes.

did as suggested, however, the .execute still gets highlighted...

did as suggested, however, the .execute still gets highlighted...
    As it should - you don't execute recordsets you open them. Try declaring mySet as a string variable and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by ottomatic
    MySet = MyDB.Execute("DELETE SpecialDetailKey FROM tblSpecialDetail WHERE tblSpecialDetail.SpecialDetailKey=" & [Me]![lstDetail])

You had your variable inside the quotations. If you want the variable to be subtituted for the actual value then it has to be outside of the quotes.
    try this:
    dim SQLStr as string

SQLStr = "DELETE SpecialDetailKey FROM tblSpecialDetail WHERE tblSpecialDetail.SpecialDetailKey=" & [Me]![lstDetail]

docmd.runsql(SQLStr)