Unanswered: JDBC URL to use the hostname syntax

Hi can anyone help me get my java application to connect to a DB2 v8.1 database.

I have a java application that connects just fine to DB2

for my string url i'm using
    jdbc:db2:mydatabase
    and the driver i'm using is
    COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.app.DB2Driver

I'm running the application on the same computer as where my DB2 is installed.

But i dont knw where this 'mydatabase' is created on my computer and how i can use the hostname syntax? and wht is it? So that if needed i can connect to my db from different machine.

Can someone show me how to make a proper connection

thanks

Smile

You may use the driver "COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.net.DB2Driver",and write the URL like this:"jdbc:db2://hostname:6789/databasename"

Thanks for replying
    but where this database will be created on my computer, in which folder?
    Can u paste some example code for reference.

Provided Answers: 1
    It doesn't matter in which folder the database files are: "databasename" in the example given by somn is the name you specify in CREATE DATABASE - it will be cataloged on the server under that name.

But the problem is ,i want to create a database using db2's CLP on my machine and then i wish to connect to that database from my java code using jdbc URL.
    And when i create database from CLP and to this DB i try to connect from jdbc it doesnt works and tables r not created in it but somewhere else.
    I using db2e drivers to connect to db

String driver = "com.ibm.db2e.jdbc.DB2eDriver";
    String url = "jdbc:db2e://localhost:6789/mysample";

SO i would like to knw how i can connect to mysample database from CLP of db2. Normal command
    Connect to mysample works but it doesnt show the tables which r created from jdbc.