Exclamation Unanswered: cannot setup SQL server 2000 service account during installation

Hi, i tried to install MS SQL server 2000 in my XP system but during the setup service account installation, i tried to use a domain user account but it cannot validate my user name and password. I used my windows administrator logon account and password. Please help..thank you.

If you successfully installed SQL Server 2000, now you may change the user of the service accounts in the services (My Computer->Services and Applications->Services).

Paulo

Arrow Trouble at installation

Thank you for your reply but this happened during the installation and i do not wish to install SQL server using the local system account for the service account as i need it to work over the network, SQL mail, backup and etc.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kelvin73
    Thank you for your reply but this happened during the installation and i do not wish to install SQL server using the local system account for the service account as i need it to work over the network, SQL mail, backup and etc.

Thanks
    The use of the Local System Account for the service account makes sure that no matter what, the SQL Server will be running. Even if the Domain/AD/Network is down the SQL server will be running.

Using the Local System Account for the system account does/should not affect whether or not the server is visable over the network. Enable TCP/IP, named pipes, etc. as a server communication protocol and it will be visable and then determine how you want people to authenticate to the server(Windows or SQL Server authentication)

Have Fun....

Quote Originally Posted by pal19 View Post
    If you successfully installed SQL Server 2000, now you may change the user of the service accounts in the services (My Computer->Services and Applications->Services).

Paulo
    i have installed SQL Server 2000 as you told but i have windows in french , so could you tell me how to managed to find (my computer ->services and applications -> services ->then what i have to choose) i supposed ( ordinateur -> here is problem )
    coz they(peeople de francais) don't understand english so i can't explain.
    help please,pleaseee else i start to be crazy here they are really stupid. sorry

Quote Originally Posted by HubarttMeister View Post
    The use of the Local System Account for the service account makes sure that no matter what, the SQL Server will be running. Even if the Domain/AD/Network is down the SQL server will be running.

Using the Local System Account for the system account does/should not affect whether or not the server is visable over the network. Enable TCP/IP, named pipes, etc. as a server communication protocol and it will be visable and then determine how you want people to authenticate to the server(Windows or SQL Server authentication)

Have Fun....
    1722 error (RCP n'est pas disponible ) that mean RCP doesn't work i guess

I have no french windows but i speak french, so
    on the desktop
    right click "my computer" = " Le poste de travail"
    select "Manage" = "Gérer les"
    select "Services and Applications" = "Services et applications"
    select "services" = "services"
    "start" = "demarrer, demarrage"
    "properties" = "'propriete"
    "automatic" = "automatique"
    then use "Google Translate"
    you see french is not so difficult, is half the same as english.
    "ok" = "ok" ;-)