Question Unanswered: Export from an Access subform to an Excel file

Hi there,

I have an Access database who filter de statements of a table in a subform (that looks like a table) I want to export these into an excelfile... any ideas?
    I think than Access 2003 have a command for this buy I don't remeber

Thanks a lot for ur comments

David García

What is it that you are trying to export to excel? I am not sure what you meant by:

who filter de statements of a table in a subform (that looks like a table)

Steve

Talking

Hi David,

I'm not too sharp on sending stuff direct from Access to Excel, but what I have done before is having that data used in the form based on a Query. Then, in Excel I go to Data on the MenuBar, then Get External Data, then New Database Query. A dialog will open with ChooseDataSource. Choose MS Access Database. That will take you to a dialog to select your database. It looks a lot like files within WindowsExplorer. Navigate your way to where your database is located. Once you find it, select it and you'll then see the QueryWizard. There you scroll and select the query you wish to use and select the fields you want. From that point just follow the wizard and before long you will have your data from Access sitting right there in Excel. Then it can be updated in Excel as you make changes in Access. Works for me, try it if you like or see if someone else has a better way. That's the only good way I know to do it and it works.

have a nice one,
    Bud

Provided Answers: 1
    Certainly your subform is bounded to a table or Query, so you can use the DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputTable, yourObjectName, acFormatXLS, "yourOutputFile.xls"

Just have a look to OutputTo