Unanswered: US-CO-Lakewood Senior Data Warehouse Modeler / ETL Developer Position
The Prism Group is looking for a direct hire candidate for our client in Lakewood Colorado. If you meet the requirements of the position and are interested, please consider sending me your Word formatted resume (no .pdf files), salary requirement for this position, and a brief statement qualifying you for the position. If, however, you are not interested, you may be able to refer me to someone you know at work or outside of work that would be interested in the position described below.
• Maintains the integrity of corporate data through the design and development of the enterprise data warehouses, data marts, cubes and operational data stores that enable business intelligence within the organization.
• Develops, manages and updates data models, including physical and logical models of the data warehouse and OLTP transaction systems.
• Designs and writes the scripts ( or use ETL tools) required to extract, transform, clean, and move data and metadata synchronizing data between transaction systems and the enterprise warehouse.
• Work in concert with the data warehouse teams to design the overall architecture (data models, data analysis, data access, database tuning & data integrity solutions) of the enterprise data warehouse to meet business requirements
• Participate in the creation of High Quality Entity Relationship models and dimensional models
• Provide expert knowledge regarding Data Warehousing and OLAP technology to meet the Users reporting and analytical need
• Present visionary concepts for data warehouses of in-place and future architectural strategy and trends.
• Provide technical expertise to Information Technology staff on data modeling, data warehousing, data integration, and the collection of metadata components
• Monitor and take appropriate steps necessary to maintain data quality and the accuracy of data in the data warehouse databases including content, security and privacy issues.
• Apply broad data stewardship over the nature of the published data and assures the use of conformed dimensions and facts across the disparate data marts
• Work closely with the reporting and analytics business team to gather reporting requirements and translate them into technical designs
• Follow database standards, participates in code and design reviews for data migration or warehouse related code
• Ensures the data mart loads run on time and accurately.
• Collect data inputs from a variety of sources, including legacy operational systems, third-party data suppliers, and informal sources
• A minimum of 5 years of Data Warehouse experience including enterprise architecture design with a proven track record of success
• Thorough understanding of Data Quality processes and procedures (using third-party tools a plus)
• Expert level data modeling skills (i.e. conceptual, logical and physical model design, experience with Operation Data Stores, Enterprise Data Warehouses and Data Marts)
• Implementation experience with ETL concepts and third-party tools such as Informatica or Ascential
• Strong understanding of data access requirements, including transactional data access, business query and business analytics
• Performance tuning of medium-to-large database applications
• Must be team-oriented, possess excellent organizational skills, and demonstrates the ability to teach and mentor
• Proven capabilities in Oracle RDBMS technologies (preferably Oracle 9i or 10g)
• Proven capabilities with data integration platforms (such as Informatica, Ascential, others)
• Experience with OLAP cubes, multi-dimensional analysis, decision support systems, and/or data mining is preferred.
• Understanding of metadata management (experience with metadata tools a plus)
• Strong knowledge in Advanced SQL, PL/SQL, Database partitioning, OLTP, OLAP database design and management, indexes and high availability systems.
• Ability to communicate effectively with both business and technical users.
• B.S required or equivalent experience