Unanswered: Complex query error.. help

I have a query that is giving me the following error..

The expression is typed incorrectly, or it is too complex to be evaulated. For example, a numeric expression may contain too many complicated elements. Try simplifying the expression by assigning parts of the expression to variables.

I been looking back and forth.. I do not see whats wrong..

heres the sql

Code:
    PARAMETERS [Forms]![frmOnPlantReport]![txtSite] Text, [Forms]![frmOnPlantReport]![txtStartDate] DateTime, [Forms]![frmOnPlantReport]![txtEndDate] DateTime;
    SELECT [LT Shipment Info].Material, Area([LT Shipment Info].[Material]) AS AREA, [LT Shipment Info].GenName, [LT Shipment Info].GenAlias, [LT Shipment Info].RecName, [LT Shipment Info].RecAlias, [LT Shipment Info].DisposalMethod, [LT Shipment Info].ManifestNum, [LT Shipment Info].AmountLbs, [LT Shipment Info].[Ship Date], [LT Shipment Info].RcvdDate, [LT Shipment Info].ManAccDate, [LT Shipment Info].NumContainers, [LT Shipment Info].ChargeCodeOff, [LT Shipment Info].ChargeCodeOn, [LT Shipment Info].TNRCC, [LT Shipment Info].DisposalTax, [LT Shipment Info].[Incoming/Outgoing], [LT Waste Information].[Primary Receiver Cost Per Pound], IIf([OtherCost]>0,[OtherCost],0) AS HandleCost
    FROM [LT Shipment Info] INNER JOIN [LT Waste Information] ON [LT Shipment Info].Material = [LT Waste Information].Material
    WHERE ((([LT Shipment Info].Material) Not Like 'SR-I-*') AND ((Area([LT Shipment Info].[Material]))=[Forms]![frmOnPlantReport]![txtSite]) AND (([LT Shipment Info].GenAlias)='SR') AND (([LT Shipment Info].RecAlias)='SR') AND (([LT Shipment Info].DisposalMethod) Like 'Inc*') AND (([LT Shipment Info].RcvdDate) Between [Forms]![frmOnPlantReport]![txtStartDate] And [Forms]![frmOnPlantReport]![txtEndDate])) OR ((([LT Shipment Info].GenAlias)='SRI') AND (([LT Shipment Info].RecAlias)='SR') AND (([LT Shipment Info].DisposalMethod) Like 'Inc*'));
    Thanks for your help

Code:
    PARAMETERS [Forms]![frmOnPlantReport]![txtSite] Text, [Forms]![frmOnPlantReport]![txtStartDate] DateTime, [Forms]![frmOnPlantReport]![txtEndDate] DateTime;
    I think here's your problem. I am kind of new to SQL but never seen a like this ...if you are using information that transfers data from a txtbox to like filter data, you don't put them like that. All you do is do it in WHERE statements...
    Ryan
    My Blog

hmmm.. this has worked before.. The only thing that I have changed is..

under the select selction of the sql..

Area([LT Shipment Info].[Material]) AS AREA

I'm pulling a funtion module here to do some case stmts.

And now I using this Area field in my query to pull my information..

Would that make it complexed? if so I can i fixed this ?

Thanks for your response.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyT
    hmmm.. this has worked before.. The only thing that I have changed is..

under the select selction of the sql..

Area([LT Shipment Info].[Material]) AS AREA

I'm pulling a funtion module here to do some case stmts.

And now I using this Area field in my query to pull my information..

Would that make it complexed? if so I can i fixed this ?

Thanks for your response.
    Look at your response carefully ... Clue: Case-insensative. You can't call a function AND name a column the same ....
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

M Owen,

I'm not sure I understand what you are saying here..

I changed :

AREA: Area1([LT Shipment Info].[Material])

my SQL looks like so:

Code:
    SELECT [LT Shipment Info].Material, Area1([LT Shipment Info].[Material]) AS AREA, [LT Shipment Info].GenName, [LT Shipment Info].GenAlias, [LT Shipment Info].RecName, [LT Shipment Info].RecAlias, [LT Shipment Info].DisposalMethod, [LT Shipment Info].ManifestNum, [LT Shipment Info].AmountLbs, [LT Shipment Info].[Ship Date], [LT Shipment Info].RcvdDate, [LT Shipment Info].ManAccDate, [LT Shipment Info].NumContainers, [LT Shipment Info].ChargeCodeOff, [LT Shipment Info].ChargeCodeOn, [LT Shipment Info].TNRCC, [LT Shipment Info].DisposalTax, [LT Shipment Info].[Incoming/Outgoing], [LT Waste Information].[Primary Receiver Cost Per Pound], IIf([OtherCost]>0,[OtherCost],0) AS HandleCost
    FROM [LT Shipment Info] INNER JOIN [LT Waste Information] ON [LT Shipment Info].Material = [LT Waste Information].Material
    WHERE ((([LT Shipment Info].Material) Not Like 'SR-I-*') AND ((Area1([LT Shipment Info].[Material]))=[Forms]![frmOnPlantReport]![txtSite]) AND (([LT Shipment Info].GenAlias)='SR') AND (([LT Shipment Info].RecAlias)='SR') AND (([LT Shipment Info].DisposalMethod) Like 'Inc*') AND (([LT Shipment Info].RcvdDate) Between [Forms]![frmOnPlantReport]![txtStartDate] And [Forms]![frmOnPlantReport]![txtEndDate])) OR ((([LT Shipment Info].GenAlias)='SRI') AND (([LT Shipment Info].RecAlias)='SR') AND (([LT Shipment Info].DisposalMethod) Like 'Inc*'));
    Thanks for your time..