Question Unanswered: Form Recordsource from Recordset ??

hi all,

is it possible to make a form recordsource is from a recordset, i mean like from DAO database connection ??
    ( i'm using Access 97 )

thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by 4ndr3
    is it possible to make a form recordsource is from a recordset, i mean like from DAO database connection ??
    ( i'm using Access 97 )
    You are essentially doing this, when you define a record source to the form using the properties window on the 'Data' tab.

To do this on the fly "like from a DAO connection" but easier than that, you just set the recordsource property by setting the 'Recordsource' property of the Form or Report object, with a query string or table name. You can do this in a module using the vb editor, with a statement Like this using your desired query string:

Me.RecordSource = "SELECT tblArea.Material, tblArea.Area FROM tblArea;"
    ~

Bill

How about if we don't use link table (i mean db and front end are separated) -> No tables are in the front end ??
    we use connect method (like dao,ado, or rdo).

thanks !!

Quote Originally Posted by 4ndr3
    How about if we don't use link table (i mean db and front end are separated) -> No tables are in the front end ??
    we use connect method (like dao,ado, or rdo).
    In that case you would need to somehow refer to your database, or a make table from the ADO recordset and refer to it as the form source property. I would try to make life easy and use a table link to the backend, or relink the table programaticly then refer to it, unless there was some compelling reason not to do this.
    ~

Bill