Exclamation Unanswered: Time Clock Help Please

I am designing an access database that will be use for punch ins and outs. I have a table with all the employee information and one with the time info. I would like to have a form that pops up and asked for the employee id and have a button that will insert the time for each in and out. Any information that anyone can lend would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
    c.j.

Quote Originally Posted by cwoodley
    I am designing an access database that will be use for punch ins and outs. I have a table with all the employee information and one with the time info. I would like to have a form that pops up and asked for the employee id and have a button that will insert the time for each in and out. Any information that anyone can lend would be greatly appreciated.
    If you are using the honor system for attendance in/out then less work maybe, otherwise consider employees may attempt to change windows clock to fudge the system. You may need to lock this down or obtain time from a secure source. Will your employees enter and edit time or will this capture time from the windows clock or other. Is it going to be on a single workstation or a network system? you may want a field for supervisor approval or adjustments. How about recording break periods and lunch periods?

You can use a form to display a real time clock. If the emplyee has clocked in then the system can know the next entry is a clock out, unless greator than a ~12 hour or the next days start time. If you have non-computer people (or your place of business is in South Florida) you better make this as SIMPLE as possible, preferably using a card swipe/bar code to obtain user id for clock in/out.
    ~

Bill