Thread: Toolbar Wizards

Unanswered: Toolbar Wizards

Does anyone know a keyboard method for turning off the toolbar wizards for a single use? There are cases where I find the wizard to be quicker (setting up a combo box or a frame) and times when I find it annoying (command buttons). I would like to be able to do something like hold the shift key down while choosing the tool to override the wizard.

As an alternative, is there a way I can make a permanent change that will turn off the wizard for certain tools and leave it on for others?

Steve

On this toolbar, there is an icon with a magic stick and some stars. This is the toggle button for using/not using a wizard.

Yeah, I know that, that wasn't what I was asking.

I was looking for a keyboard method that would overide it for one time.

Clicking the wizard button off, then adding a command button and then turning the wizard back on is more work than just letting the wizard start and cancelling it.

I was looking for a way that I could override the current wizard setting for a single use. Something similar to holding the shift key down when opening the database.

Steve

Sorry, I don't know if there is.
    Is there a difference to start like you want (holding an extra key pressed), or just start, or just start so that the wizard pop's up and press then the ESC key?

There shouldn't be. Actually, I never thought of the esc key, which is nice. the main issue is how slow these systems actually are, it takes at least 5 seconds before I can cancel a wizard. I guess I need to be a little more patient. Thanks for the ideas.

Steve