Unanswered: Dlookup Date Dilemma

I have a table with a field 'InputDate' which is populated with the Now() function giving me the exact date and time a record was added. I now need to count the number of records input by a particular user today, and am trying to achieve this with the following code:

varCount = DCount("EnquiryNum", "tblAspData", "QamPayNo = '" & Payno & "' AND InputDate = " & Date)

I'm pretty sure this doesn't work because 'InputDate' is date & time, whereas the VB property 'Date' is just date so they will never be equal. Is there a function I can put in front of 'InputDate' to strip the time element or any other method of acheiving the desired result?

Many Thanks,

JBee

Provided Answers: 1
    What do you have set for the variable "date"? If I understand correctly, you want something like:

DCount("EnquiryNum", "tblAspData", "QamPayNo = '" & Payno & "' AND InputDate = Date()")
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

Teddy,

Date isn't a variable, it's a VB property which returns the current date (seems you don't need the open-close brackets, as I tried adding them in case that was the problem but they disappeared).

Cheers,

JBee

Provided Answers: 1
    Hi

Just a thought before I dash off for the wekend.

Try

varCount = DCount("EnquiryNum", "tblAspData", "QamPayNo = '" & Payno & "' AND InputDate BETWEEN " & Date & " AND " & Date +1)

Without trying it I don't know if you need the # delimiter with Date function

HTH

MTB

Thank MTB. That worked!

Cheers,

JBee