Smile Unanswered: Doing a Search on a ComboBox from list of values

If someone out there can help , I want to select a value from the combobox on the form and want each each field associated with that record to populate on the form. If there is someone who can help me with this I would appreciate it greatly.

combobox = cboProjectName

comboxValues = Design, Developemnt, Testing, etc.

other fields on the form and are apart of the record is:
    Date, PM Name, Start Date, End Date, etc

All I want to see on the form is the record associated with the Project Name

Thanks

Sonya

run a requery at the 'onchange' event. Be sure that form is based on a query, and where combobox value is a parameter, or use filtering options.

My combo box is based on a value list, I have a list of projects that can only exist in the table once. There is no query so I don't think I can use a query because the current field is not based on a query. I can I find a record by doing a query. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scoleman12
    My combo box is based on a value list, I have a list of projects that can only exist in the table once. There is no query so I don't think I can use a query because the current field is not based on a query. I can I find a record by doing a query. Thanks
    Maybe it's better to base the combobox on a query on that table (just create one, link it to the combobox). Later on, if you add a new project to the table, you don't need to edit the form, so you don't need a new release of your application.

Open up the form header.

Place a combobox in the header, ensuring that the Control Wizard is on.

The wizard will guide you through the necessary steps.

When prompted, select the 3rd option (Find a record on my form .....)

That should give you what's needed.

HTH - Bob