Unanswered: How to remove DUPLICATES

I would like to remove duplicates from the following query. I would like it to display only one record depending on the InvoiceID. So only show one unique record based on Invoices.InvoiceID. Thanks!

SELECT DISTINCT Invoices.InvoiceID, Invoices.CustomerID, InvoiceDetails.InvoiceDetailID, Invoices.InvoiceDate
    FROM InvoiceDetails INNER JOIN Invoices ON InvoiceDetails.InvoiceID = Invoices.InvoiceID
    WHERE (((Invoices.InvoiceDate) Between #8/1/2004# And #8/31/2004#) AND ((InvoiceDetails.DeliverBy)=0))
    ORDER BY Invoices.InvoiceID;

Well...you might try this....

(Assuming that you are pulling the InvoiceID required from a field on Form)

Code:
    SELECT DISTINCT Invoices.InvoiceID, Invoices.CustomerID, InvoiceDetails.InvoiceDetailID, Invoices.InvoiceDate
    FROM InvoiceDetails INNER JOIN Invoices ON InvoiceDetails.InvoiceID = Invoices.InvoiceID
    WHERE (((Invoices.InvoiceDate) Between #8/1/2004# And #8/31/2004#) AND ((InvoiceDetails.DeliverBy)=0) _
    AND ((Invoices.InvoiceID) = '" & Me.myFormsInvoiceIDFieldControlName & "'"))
    ORDER BY Invoices.InvoiceID;

CyberLynx, that will cut down the number of returned invoices to 1, but it will do nothing about the one-to-many relationship between an invoice and its invoice details

jessn, if you want to display only one row per invoice, which of the multiple invoice details do you want? the first? the last? the one with the largest price?
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL

Hi,

I've a similar problem... I have a duplicates query, and I want to see only unique records with their most recent date.

for example:

LAW Name1 2/3/2004
    HR Name1 8/6/2004
    TIS Name1 7/31/2004
    CPM Name2 3/8/2003
    TIS Name2 12/30/2003

In the above examples, for Name1 I want to retain the HR 8/6 record, and for Name2 I want to retain the TIS 12/30 record.

Help!

lastknightess, your question is really different from the other question in this thread, it should perhaps have been its own thread

but here you go anyway:
    Code:
    select dept
         , name
         , foodate
      from yourtable as x
     where foodate
         = (select max(foodate)
              from yourtable
             where name = x.name )
    this query uses a correlated subquery to perform the necessary grouping
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL

^ i didn't realise it was different.. jessn, my apologies for hijacking your thread.

rudy, i opened up a separate thread for answers to my query, here is the link
    http://www.dbforums.com/t1021825.html

i need some more help... i posted what my query looks like right now, can u plz help me modify it? plz... i hope to see u there. thanks.

LK