Question Unanswered: OLEDB data reader not reading the ASCII values of password FIELD in oracle

We have an intranet website which is used by 7000 peoples. Login passwords are encrypted using a function in Login.asp and stored in Oracle database. When a user logs in his password information are retrieved from the oracle table with recordset object, then we encrypt the password entered by the user with same function and match both values, accordingly user may allow or deny login. Now we started working on a new project using ASP.NET but OLEDB data reader not reading the ASCII values of password correctly. I tried with both Oracle connection and OLEDB connection
    We are using .Net framework 1.1 version
    Please help me to overcome this problem; otherwise I have to change the encryption in existing web application which is stabilized and running since 2001

Wink Problem Solved

I have changed my Characterset in registry(NLS_LANG in the HKLM>Software>Oracle>Home0 part of the registry) from WE8MSWIN1252 to WE8ISO8859P1. Now datareader is reading the values from password field correctly.SOLUTION IS GIVEN TO ME BY MR GREG IN ASP.NET FOURM