Unanswered: ODBC Connection Failure

Hi All

At the moment I am evaluating MySQL with a view to shifting from MSSQL for ours and our customers web sites.

I have installed mysql-4.1.4-gamma-win on a win2k pro pc and a win2k server both of which are used for development and testing. SQl Server 2000 is installed on the server and is in use at the moment. I have had a few minor problems which I have worked through ok. I have copied a database with data from MSSQL to MySQL on both pcs.

My problem is that an ASP page run on the server will not connect. The error is "Data source name not found and no default driver specified". I have tried DSN and DSN-less connects. When I tested the DSN definition it connected fine on both pcs. The same ASP page works perfectly from the win2k pro pc, connecting to either the database locally or remotely on the server. In fact the page run on the pc from the server works great. I have had the above error before, usually when I have not setup a DSN definition or have mis-spelled the name. Connecting still works fine to the MSSQL server so I don't think it's something general with ODBC.

The only other server I could try this on is the production web server which I am reluctant to do in case I have done something to ODBC connections in general.

I have spent 2 days now "searching the web" for a solution to this problem so any bone anyone can throw me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks RWR.

A bit more info

I've just been able to try a connection from visual basic on the server.

I used this connection string which will not work from ASP.
    "Driver={MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver}; Server=localhost; Database=Logging; UID=root; PWD=rootpw; Option=3"

Which leads me to think that I have got something wrong for the IIS user for MySQL

Any thoughts?