Unanswered: Export Function to Delimiter Free Text File

Hi

Im trying to export to a delimeter free text file. What i mean by this is that im using teh export function to export a query to a text file but i want my records to be side by side with no commas or quotations to seperate the values. Please help,

You can do a select on the table from the CLP and pipe the output to file without headers. The space(s) between columns depends on the column header (column name) length, even though column headings are surpressed with the -x option using the CLP. But the spacing will be fixed for each row, regardless of the data.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus_A
    You can do a select on the table from the CLP and pipe the output to file without headers. The space(s) between columns depends on the column header (column name) length, even though column headings are surpressed with the -x option using the CLP. But the spacing will be fixed for each row, regardless of the data.
    Hey

Thanks for teh reply but there is a problem. My column is made by concatenating a few strings of columns together. This is working fine except for one thing, for some reason after each row there are a few thousand spaces!?!?!?

Is there a way to limit the width of a column?