Unanswered: Using LOAD: How to load a literal as default?

Hi!

I have an environment with DB2 for z/OS, Version 7.1.

I have unloaded a table with DSNUPROC. The new table to be loaded with the data has basically the same structure but with some additional columns.

The new columns shall be loaded with a default value, not necessarily with the DB2 default for the corresponding format but with a literal.

Searching the DB2 Utility Guide and Reference documentation I have found the NULLIF- and DEFAULTIF-settings:

(FIELD1 POSITION(*) CHAR(4)
    FIELD2 POSITION(*) CHAR(3) NULLIF(FIELD1='SKIP')
    FIELD3 POSITION(*) CHAR(5))

respectively

(FIELD1 POSITION(*) CHAR(4)
    FIELD2 POSITION(*) CHAR(3) DEFAULTIF(FIELD1='SKIP')
    FIELD3 POSITION(*) CHAR(5))

In that case FIELD2 would be intialized with SPACE since that is the DEFAULT for CHARACTER, correct?

But what I really want for example is to initialize FIELD2 uncondititonally always with the literal 'ABC' (which is not in the Load-File because FIELD2 did not exist in the unloaded table!).

Is it possible to initialize the new fields directly during the LOAD with specific literals as a default value? If so what is the correct syntax?

I already know that an update of all the new columns after the load with the standard DEFAULT using DEFAULTIF and a condition that is always true could be used as an ugly workaround, but that is not what I really want.

Thanks a lot for your support in advance!

Mathew

Using LOAD: How to load a literal as default?

No answers to this question? I have a similar problem. Thank you

If you have a look at the "INTO-table-spec" for the LOAD utility (http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...ax__intotable), you will find in the "field specification" the following clause:
    DEFAULTIF--field selection criterion
    You may want to check whether this option is available for your version as well.
    Knut Stolze
    IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator
    IBM Germany Research & Development

LOAD into a transient table using DEFAULTIF to enforce such default values. Then UNLOAD from transient to LOAD into the real destination table.

Obviously, the transient table contains additional columns defined with the WITH DEFAULT 'litteral' clause !