Exclamation Unanswered: Access2000 Ghost Window

I've been experiencing strange issues with adatabase installed on my client's network. First, it's a front-end back-end type database. As such, users really only interact with the client-side front-end application. However, after updating records, when users attempt to exit the database the .ldb lock file disappears, but a non-functional Access ghost window remains. Windows2000 is not releasing the MSACCESS.EXE process, and users are forced to CTL+ALT+DEL and end the process from TaskManager. This annoyance could be tolerated (not really), but once this error is encountered and the process is NOT terminated, subsequent sessions of Access cannot be initiated.
    I've ran the Windows Update and installed Service Pack 4 & I've run the MS Office setup to include library data, wizards, etc... but all to no avail. I've even searched the Microsoft website for answers, but couldn't even find an article relating to the ghost window.

Has anyone experienced this before?

I am having the same problem before with Access 97 running on Windows XP? I really don't know how it disappears but the problem is not happening anymore. I want to know the answer also to avoid this problem in the future. Good luck!

"when users attempt to exit" how?

izy
    currently using SS 2008R2

Users are exiting via an Exit button on the main form. I previously had the Exit button coded with VBA from previous versions (Access97), but have since updated to the most current syntax...

Application.Quit

as opposed to the older method of

DoCmd.Quit

This was suggested by Microsoft as the DoCmd.Quit method was used in Access97 and prior.

I had the same problem with Access97 under NT. The problem came from
    recordset /qrydef not closed.
    For Access97 Microsoft say :
    http://support.microsoft.com/default...&Product=acc97
    and
    http://support.microsoft.com/default...&Product=acc97