Thread: PL/SQL Query

Unanswered: PL/SQL Query

Hi

I am using Oracle 9i and need to create and populate some tables which allow me to ensure that no update or insert anomalies can take place. The schema is:

The set of functional dependencies F = {AB C, C  A} exist on a relational schema R(A, B, C). Such a relation is in Third Normal Form but not in BCNF. However, a decomposition to BCNF relations R1(C, A) and R2(B, C) has well-documented problems.

Does anyone know how I would create and populate tables to satisfy this schema.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Angela1
    Hi

I am using Oracle 9i and need to create and populate some tables which allow me to ensure that no update or insert anomalies can take place. The schema is:

The set of functional dependencies F = {AB C, C  A} exist on a relational schema R(A, B, C). Such a relation is in Third Normal Form but not in BCNF. However, a decomposition to BCNF relations R1(C, A) and R2(B, C) has well-documented problems.

Does anyone know how I would create and populate tables to satisfy this schema.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    If that means that you want to enforce referational integeraty in the table then read up on foreign keys at the following link.

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs...2a.htm#2060791
    Bill
    You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.