Unanswered: db2 error DB21017E

hi,
    i am trying to run a perl script that makes a call to a db2 stored procedure that populates some tabels in a database. the script executes the stored procedure around 30000 times. i've been getting the following error for some calls to the stored procedure

DB21017E: The command line processor encountered a system error with the front-end process output queue. Reason code = <reason code>.

Explanation: A system error occurred while creating or reading from the front-end process output queue.

If the reason code is -2499, the command line processor output queue conflicts with an existing queue.

User Response: Resubmit the command. If the error occurs again, record the message number and reason code, and get help from your system administrator.

i have no clue why this error occurs or what i can do to get rid of it....to try and solve the problem i aded a loop in the perl script that made the same call to the stored procedure 5 times if the error was encountered, this works sometimes. what can i do to get rid of the problem. i can make the loop execute 20 times or something if the error occurs but thats like a cheap fix. i want to know if there is some db2 config that needs to be changed to fix this problem.

thanks
    maulin

hello? anyone?

somebody help me!

could you provide more detailed information?

i couldn't visualize the actual problem. is it a system problem (script) or DB2 problem (stored procedures)?
    There are 10 kinds of people,
    those who know binary and those who don't.

http://www.linkedin.com/in/rtitong

i think it is a db2 problem. calls to a stored procedure are causing this error.

Quote Originally Posted by maulin
    i think it is a db2 problem. calls to a stored procedure are causing this error.
    i still couldn't visualize it... like i said, provide more information (read the sticky thread "Must Read before posting")

if you read the problem, it's a system error... an error that prevented the stored procedure to continue....
    there are so many causes of system errors... there are disk spaces, memory problems, authority problems, etc.... if you need to change some configurations in DB2, you need to identify what causes the problem so you can adjust accordingly.

... but most likely, your problem is system related... db2 could have provided different message if it is DB2 related
    There are 10 kinds of people,
    those who know binary and those who don't.

http://www.linkedin.com/in/rtitong